Universities in the Coimbra Group provide short-term visits (usually 1 to 3 months) to young African scholars from Sub-Saharan African higher education institutions. The primary goal of this fellowship program is to enable students to do research at their local university while also assisting them in establishing academic and scientific ties outside Europe.
The scholarships are funded by the Coimbra Group member universities that participate in this initiative, with the Coimbra Group Office in responsibility of application administration.
This scholarship program will be held at the following Coimbra Group universities in 2023:
• Barcelona University (Spain) • Coimbra University (Portugal) • Cologne University (Germany) • Trinity College Dublin (Ireland) • Granada University (Spain)
You have to use SI’s provided forms, and you must complete your application in English. Otherwise, your application will not be considered further.
A complete application consists of:
- CV (we only accept the SI-template)
- Letters of reference (we only accept the SI-template)
- Valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience (we only accept the SI-template)
- Copy of your valid passport/National ID card
- Motivation (will be asked of you in the application portal)
Note! Your application will be disqualified if any of the above is missing.
Application Deadline: 28 February 2023
For More Information: