People from other countries are welcome in Canada. This post will be useful if you wish to work in Canada this year.
Canada is searching for people from other nations to come work there and fill open positions. It’s not difficult to relocate to Canada if you meet the conditions to immigrate and work there.
Every year, over 300,000 people migrate to Canada in search of a better life. According to the Immigration Level Plan for 2022-2024, around 1.3 million people will immigrate to Canada.
People expect these immigrants to fill jobs in Canada where there aren’t enough people, or to create enterprises that will hire Canadians and assist the Canadian economy.
You can get a work permit in Canada in different ways, and there are different kinds of work permits to work in Canada.
How to Get a Permit to Work in Canada.
There are four main ways to get a temporary work visa for Canada:
- Employer applies for labour market opinion (if necessary)
- Employer extends a temporary job offer to foreign workers
- Foreign skilled worker applies for work permit
- Work permit is issued.
A work permit might be OPEN or it might be CLOSED. If you have an open work permit, you can work for any Canadian employer in any province for as long as the permit is still valid.
On the other hand, a closed work permit, which is also called an employer-specific work permit, only lets you work for a certain employer and in a certain job for as long as the permit is valid.
Who can get a permit to work?
If a person is eligible to apply for a work permit, they must also meet the following criteria:
- Show that they plan to leave Canada when their work permit runs out.
- Proving that they have enough money to support themselves and their families in Canada and to get back home.
- Prove that they are not criminals or sick people who can’t be let into Canada.
- plan to work for a company that qualifies; and
- Can show that they are allowed to enter Canada by giving any documents that may be asked for.
Here are a few things you need to do to get a work visa in Canada:
- To qualify for a work permit, you must have a job offer from a Canadian employer.
- You will need to ask your employer for an LMIA if you want an employer-specific work permit, and
- you will send a copy with your application for a work permit.
- All applications must be sent to the Canadian Government through its website.
Who can fill out a Work Permit application?
To apply for a work permit, you need to fit into one of the following groups:
- A student from another country who is willing and ready to work 20 hours a week
- An applicant to the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program’s spouse or common-law partner who is also an international student
- A family member who needs help and has already applied to live in Canada permanently.
How to get a work permit in Canada
Getting a Canadian work permit is a very different process depending on what kind of work permit a person wants.
- The first step is to figure out what kind of work permit you need.
How do I apply for a Canadian work permit? What do I need?
Depending on what kind of work permit you want to get in Canada, you may need different documents. As part of their application for a work permit, applicants may need to show the following:
- Completed application forms
- Proof of status in Canada (if applicable)
- Family member’s proof of status (if applicable)
- Labour Market Impact Assessment (if applicable)
- Written offer of employment (if applicable)
- CV/ résumé
- Marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) (if applicable)
- Proof that you meet the job requirements
- Valid copy of your passport
- Copy of education credential
- Medical exam results (if requested)
- Evidence of financial means to stay in Canada and return to home country
- Proof of payment for applicable government fees
- Recent passport-sized photos.
Top Jobs in Canada that People Want
Canada has a lot of jobs, which is why a lot of people come from other countries to work there. Even though there are a lot of job opportunities in Canada, it’s important to remember that some jobs are more popular than others.
Whether or not you can work in Canada as a foreigner depends on what kind of work permit you get. We’ve shown you the different kinds of work permits that are available in Canada. Now, you need to figure out which work permit is best for you.